2020 has been a challenging year to say the least. And like everything else this year, how we spend the holidays will be different. Virtual family dinners and online get-togethers are becoming new rituals as we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s easy to get caught up in all the stress and anxiety from reading depressing headlines and negative news these days. As we approach Thanksgiving, it is important we take a moment to reflect and remind ourselves about the things we are truly thankful for. Whether it be family, a job, or food on the table, we asked our fans to reflect on this year of unprecedented change and to share and celebrate the positives. Family, friends, health and jobs topped the list of heartfelt responses.
Reasons to be thankful from our fans:
- Giovana – “Thankful for the good health and safety of my husband especially during the past 8 months. He is a NYC EMT.”
- Scarlett – “I’m thankful for every day. We never know what each one will bring, good or bad so we have to take each day and run with it!”
- Krystal – “I’m so thankful for my healthcare job. Not only to I get to be on the frontlines helping out during this pandemic, but I have not been out of a job during it!”
- Alana – “I’m thankful for all my family and friends. It’s years like these that make me realize how much the people in my life mean and how much I love and appreciate them!”
- Ashley – “I’m thankful for my family and my job. Working as an essential person during COVID (I’m a certified veterinary technician) has been challenging yet rewarding. My family supported my long hours/days and I got even closer to my coworkers. Our lives changes in ways we never thought but we adapted and overcome the challenges that came our way.”
- Jessica – “I am thankful for a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, clothes on our backs, my family being healthy, and my family being full of joy. I’m thankful through all of this virus mess I have had such good quality time with my kids. No school or work for a couple months and we had a blast together. We didn’t have anywhere to go and enjoyed nature so so much and each other. Thanks for chance even with all going on there is still so so much to be thankful for!”
- Eugene – “I am so thankful for a lot of things, I am so thankful for my husband for everything he has done for our family and working so hard all the time! I am thankful for my family for always being there for me and helping me with the kids all the time! I am thankful for my car cause without it I would be stuck inside ALL the time even though its not a very good car it works great for me! I am thankful for everything I have right now because God only knows how long I’ll have it for. My house is the main thing, I love my home and I’m safe here and that makes me very very thankful!”
- Nicole – “I am thankful that we became closer as a family during the pandemic.”
- Art – “I am thankful for Amazon prime and Netflix honestly! They got me thru!”
- “I’m thankful for my family, furry and not-as-furry (we’re Italian after all so we’re somewhat ‘furry’ too!) …they’ve been the glue that has held me together.”
- “The kindness and generosity of my city by helping those in need. There is a ray of sunshine shining through the turmoil of the pandemic.”
- Linn – “Nothing has been better than being surrounded by my family and having extra time with them! I am forever thankful for every small moment we have and the endless love and support!”
- Diane – “I am thankful for all the health care professionals putting themselves out there on the front line.”
- Connie – “I am thankful to have a roof over my head and a place to live. I can lay my head down each night and rest. I’m praying for those who don’t have a place to call their own.”
What are you thankful for this year?
Earth’s Remedies “Holiday for the Homeless” Event
We’d also like to recognize our special partner, Earth’s Remedies, for all of their philanthropic efforts during the holiday season for the less fortunate. The non-profit organization drove throughout the west side of Chicago for their “Holiday for the Homeless” event and distributed 150+ warm meals, heathy snacks, hygiene kits, coats, sleeping bags and winter wear to those facing homelessness. We are thankful for YOU! To learn more about Earth’s Remedies and all the good they’re doing, visit: https://www.instagram.com/earths_remedies/
– Gabriella Costantini