We all know that fruits are good for you and your health. But, do we know all the different facts about the fruits we consume? Keep reading to learn some interesting and eye opening apple fun facts!
Did you know…
– Apples will ripen 6-10x faster at room temperature than if they are refrigerated.
– Freeze dried apples don’t need to ripen. Crispy Apples from Crispy Green will last years in your pantry.
– An apple tree starts growing fruit about 8-10 years after it is planted, then produces up to 400 apples a year.
– Apple pie was one of President Lincoln’s favorite foods.
– Apples aren’t just green and red – they can also be yellow.
– There are 2,500 varieties of apples grown in the U.S., and 7,500 varieties grown all over the world.
– The average American consumes about 19.6 pounds of apple every year!
– Apples contain no fat, sodium or cholesterol and are a great source of fiber. Even freeze-dried apples are a healthy fruit.
– The #1 apple producer in the world is China, with the United States being #2.
– Ever wondered how many apples are used to make one gallon of apple cider? 36.
– Apples vary in size. They can be very small, and also very big. The largest apple ever picked weighed about 3 pounds. That is insane!
– Apples float in water because they are 25% air. If you ever need a floaty, you can always use an apple. Just kidding 😊
– Freeze dried apples have the moisture removed at temperatures as low as -50F. Check out the Science of Freeze Dried Fruit.
– Apples are a member of the rose family. If you ever don’t feel like paying for a dozen roses, just get a dozen apples… basically the same thing!
– The science of apple growing is called pomology.
We hope these fun facts make eating apples a little more interesting. Make sure to share with family and friends so you can all be informed on the unique facts pertaining to apples!